Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hey Mom?

The next step I felt was to consult my mom. I am lucky to have an amazing mom who has raised 4 of her own then took one one 'extra' in the end. So I have 3 sisters and a brother! So I gathered up my brood and we headed out to visit.
Her house is generally pretty crazy with all the little ones she babysits for and when you toss my three in the mix it turns to pure chaos! Finally though I found a moment to tell her what I'd been thinking about and waited for her reaction. I was delightfully surprised to hear her say it was something she expected I might do one day! So my mom knows me well! I continued to get the same positive reactions from my sisters, a couple cousins, and the few friends I chose to share with. It still felt like a somewhat private thing and it was at such an early point I didn't want to share with everyone yet what I was exploring.

Once I felt the support of those closest to me I started looking into some of the agencies in our area. The closest I could find was in Maryland, still not that far from home. I inquired with a couple places and at first it didn't seem like anything was happening, the Meryl called me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment